Cross Territory Service Technician
Provide the various service/sales/marketing activities to achieve the sales and profit objectives of FireProTec. Primary responsibility for servicing of portable fire extinguishers and fixed fire protection system located in various FPT territories. Use best efforts to promote and establish new customers and sales in territories as assigned by the Operations Manager. Interact with Operations Manager and Sales Manager to provide excellence in customer service and expand the existing customer base.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- At least two years prior experience in service related field, which includes direct customer contact.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports indicating performance, business and professional periodicals, operating, maintenance and technical procedures.
- Ability to present information and speak effectively with customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to calculate figures and determine amounts involved with discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematical operations as it pertains to bidding and pricing for profitability.
- Ability to define practical problems, to collect data, to establish facts and deal with a variety of variables in sales situations.
- Developed knowledge of fire protection and fire suppression systems as related to general construction.
- Understands and applies sales and marketing concepts to achieve results.
- Is highly motivated and can plan to achieve objectives, using sales data effectively to foster sales and assess performance.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to become certified under Vermont’s Technically Qualified Program within six months of employment.
- Obtain required certifications through manufacturers training programs as required by job assignment and management direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations would be difficult to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions due to need to visit and inspect customer facilities and job installations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, possibly up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to general construction or modification sites. The noise level in the work environment varies depending upon location, whether in quiet office conditions or noisy construction site or plant operating Conditions.
- In cooperation with the Operations Manager plans and coordinates an effective sales program to maintain or increase revenue and expand the customer base.
- Sells fire suppression equipment, fire protection service programs and fire protection and extinguishing products to commercial and industrial customers, contacting a sufficient number of potential customers to meet the sales and profitability goals and objectives of FireProTec.
- Provide maintenance services to existing FireProTec customer base as scheduled by the Operations Manager. Provide emergency services to customers as assigned. Upon completion of system training be available for regular on-call rotation.
- Quotes prices and terms based upon the guidelines determined by management to meet profit objectives.
- Writes sales orders with sufficient detail and description to enable Operations to plan and perform the necessary work at the customer’s site efficiently.
- Assist the Operations Manager in planning personal sales agenda and travels throughout region to sell and promote FireProTec’s service and products.
- Ensures that good customer relations are maintained and act as “troubleshooter”on customer problems when necessary.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Be able to qualify and function within the requirements of DOT driver qualification guidelines.
DUTIES and TASKS:
- Meets and/or communicates regularly with the Operations Manager to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated goals and objectives.
- Ensures accurate pricing based on the guidelines developed through budgeting and pre-determined profit levels.
- Confers with and advises customers on the capabilities of FireProTec to provide fire suppression systems and other fire protection products and services and the benefits to be achieved by using FireProTec as their service provider.
- Assesses facilities to determine the extent of service work which would be required to provide proper fire protection maintenance and services.
- Suggests types of equipment to purchase and install, considering the factors of area, proper protection, and cost.
- Meets the sales volume and profitability goals established by the Operations Manager focusing on the service and sales of portable fire extinguishers and pre-engineered systems.
- Maintains an accurate and up to date customer account list with sufficient detailed information for sales follow-up and future assessment and forecasting.
- Work with the Operations Manager to following through on leads, contacts, and Commitments.
- Completes and submits all reports required and requested in a complete and timely manner.
- Plans and schedules sales calls to maximize time and personal productivity, setting personal goals and objectives.
- Follows established methods for timely planning and reporting of all sales activities.
- Maintains follow-up of all service and sales calls, detailing results.
- Researches and suggests plans for the expansion of current customer and product bases.
- Reads and understands all the policies and procedures concerning the service and sales function and ensure that these are being followed.
- Reviews articles in trade publications to keep abreast of technological developments in types of professional equipment merchandised.
- Attends manufacturers and in-house training programs to improve or maintain level of technical skills.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with other functional areas and staff members.
- Respects the confidentiality of company, customers, and personnel information.
- Demonstrates ability to tactfully handle difficult problems.
- Assumes responsibility for knowing adheres to and enforces company policies and Procedures.
- Uses time wisely and makes plans to meet commitments and objectives.
- Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Maintains good attendance, providing advance notice of absence and does not abuse or take advantage of time off.
- Performs all duties in an independent professional manner with little supervision.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned, assisting others as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the President.
MEASURES of PERFORMANCE
- Meeting or exceeding sales volume goals as established.
- Meeting or exceeding profit margins as established.
- Personal sales planning is effective and time well managed with submittals as expected to management relative to activities.
- Meets expectations with respect to number of service calls, travel planning, and other performance measures as may be mutually established with the Operations Manager.
- Price levels are maintained according to management’s direction for profitability.
- Maintain excellence in customer service and response.
- Sales orders and other required documentation are written up in sufficient detail to satisfy needs of Operations Manager.